FOR FINDING FELLOW RESEARCHERS AND DISTANT COUSINS
Looking for people researching the same families as you? Check out our list of contacts below! Would you like to have others be able to contact you? Submit your info! You'll only need five things:
1) Your full name
2) Your email address
3) The surname of the family under research
4) The town they lived in
5) The county the town belonged to in 1877.
Check the 1877 gazetteer here.
General courtesy rules apply.
When contacting someone:
- be kind
- clearly state your reason for contacting them
- if you don't receive a response in a few days, wait for up to a month before contacting them again
- if you don't receive a response after three tries, do not send any more emails.
When being contacted:
- be kind
- respond as fast as possible
- if you're busy, tell them you'll get back at them later
- try to be as precise with your information as possible
DO NOT GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION!
This database is open to everyone, even spammers unfortunately. Make sure you only share information about your great-grandparents and above, to ensure you won't become a victim of identity theft. The owner of the site is not responsible for such acts, so be careful.
NO DEMANDS, ONLY REQUESTS
No one is entitled to demand information from another researcher, even if they turn out to be related. Some people like to keer their hobby to themselves and it should be respected. Always ask if they are comfortable with sharing their research, and if not, apologize for the inconvenience and walk away.